How to Take Care of Your Eyelash Extensions?
New to lashes?
Or perhaps you can't live without it.
Regardless if you've been using lashes or no what's important is that you have all the right information to help you take care of your lashes.
Your Empress Hair Extensions needed care so as your Lash extensions too!
‘How long will they last?’ is hugely variable – it mostly comes down to you and what you do (and don’t do) to them.
There are three main reasons you would want to look after them properly:
- Your lash health. If you regularly do bad things to them, it can compromise your lash health and slow down the growth of new lashes. Your lids can become itchy from the buildup of dead skin if they are not cleaned regularly.
- They will look better for longer. Eyelash extensions that have been coated in mascara, oily makeup and strip lashes don’t look that great.
- Infill cost and financial/time factors. If you look after your lashes and retain them well, you won’t need to come in as frequently or for extended infill appointments, which will save you money. Our infills are charged based on the amount of lashes that we have to replace each time.
What to expect:
There are certain things that are normal and to be expected when you get lash extensions, so if you experience these things, know that there is nothing to worry about.
- You’re going to lose some lashes daily, and that is completely normal. They typically range between 1 and 5, but you may also have days when you lose none and days when you lose more. As your natural lash growth cycle is completed, your natural lashes fall out to make room for new ones, and with them go the lash extensions, as well.
- Your lashes aren’t going to look like your friends’ or like the ones in the technician’s portfolio or on the Facebook page. That is because your eyes are different and each client is different. Your lashes will be unique, just like every client’s lashes are unique.
- Some irritation or sensitivity is normal, especially immediately after application. The fumes from the glue can be a little strong for some people, which is why technicians try to make accommodations for sensitive eyes with milder adhesives.
With all that said, caring for the eyelash extensions is as important as getting it in the first place.
Using the right products
When buying make up products, ensure that they are NOT oil-based. The eyelash extensions are applied to your eyelid with the help of a special non-toxic glue, which may break down when exposed to oils of any kind.
One of the highlights of getting an eyelash extension is that they are beautiful on their own. You need not apply mascara on them to make them look ‘better’.
Avoid Picking on them
When caring for your lash extensions, ensure that you NEVER pick them out. Most times when women pick out the extensions on their own, they tend to pluck their natural lashes as well.
Brush your lashes
Long, fluffy and neat eyelashes take some effort to be maintained. Criss-crossed eyelash extensions put pressure on each other, which can lead to premature shedding of the lashes. To maintain them in their full glory, brush them daily with a special lash brush. Now, flaunt your lashes without a care in the world!
Like what we've been telling you ladies, HAIR EXTENSIONS are hair too and they need our love and care like our natural hair!