If you’ve spent any amount of time on Social media (we all are), you will have most likely seen “before and after” shots of women who have just gotten eyelash extensions.
And it’s definitely tempting.
But before you choose your eyelash extensions, there are some things to consider about getting eyelash extensions – the pros and cons of eyelash extensions!
A quick note: False eyelashes and eyelash ‘extensions’ are not the same. Falsies are very temporary–used for 1 day–while lash extensions are semi-permanent, lasting “up to 12 weeks”.
Eyelash extensions are literally little fake individual eyelashes that are glued one by one to your natural lashes at the base, by an aesthetician. The extensions “grow out” with your natural lashes, and fall off when the lash does. Lash extensions semi-permanently enhance the length, thickness and fullness of natural eyelashes. Quite the bang for your buck.
Enough with that, so here's what you need to know:
Lash Extensions: PROS
- You have a thick, full set of lashes without needing to use falsies!
- Your eyelashes are dark- no need for mascara/you don’t need to remember to remove mascara.
- Eyelash extensions can majorly boost your confidence.
- Lash extensions make it easier to rock a makeup free look.
- You can change up your look with each fill.
Lash Extensions: CONS
You can’t rub your eyes like you usually do.
- You can gently rub out irritation, but you can’t “get in there!”
You need to get a fill every 2-3 weeks, depending on how fast your lashes fall out.
- You won’t be able to tell how often you will need a fill until you have completed a full cycle.
Eyelash extension application is a long process, and needs to be done frequently (fills are much shorter).
- It takes 2-3 hours for an initial lash extension set, which is a long time to lay still with someone poking at your eyelashes. Thankfully, The Lash Lounge provides pillows for your legs, blankets, and headphones. It is a long process, but completely worth it in the end!
- Lash extensions can be a bit spendy…
Lash Extensions: The Ugly
Did I say cons? Here are the super cons of lash extensions: Those with sensitive eyes can have an allergic reaction to the adhesive used when applying eyelash extensions. Particularly those formulas that contain formaldehyde.
So if you have sensitive eyes, skin and mostly don't formaldehyde on your body then DON"T!
Conclusion: Are Lash Extensions for You?
While eyelash extensions are expensive, and high maintenance, they can also give you the lashes you have always wanted and enhance your natural beauty.
You should spend time researching different technicians in your area, and always make sure they are licensed and certified.
Avoid eyelash glue that contains harmful ingredients like formaldehyde, as they can cause an allergic reaction.
And if you are ready, then you can now "Google it Girl" and look for the best Eyelashes for you!